Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify a Management Accountant for a large, manufacturing company with operations around the world. This is an additional person being added to the team as the incumbent moves on to a new opportunity within the organization. This person will be an integral part of the Finance Team and responsible for the completeness, accuracy, and maintenance of financial records and the preparation of financial reports for a specific business unit.
- Preparation of the financial statements and other management reports.
- Prepare general ledgers, GL reconciliations, year-end working papers, and supporting schedules and ad-hoc financial reports for different stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate internal controls for weaknesses and improvements, including making recommendations on improving accounting and reporting procedures.
- Produce monthly account analysis, identify and investigate variances by comparing actual expenditures to budget. Make recommendations or provide insight on how these variances will be resolved or improved.
- Bachelor degree and in the final stages of the CPA Professional Education Program, and 3 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing company would be an asset
- Excellent MS Office skills - Excel (Pivot Tables), Word, and Outlook
- Strong initiative and ability to exercise professional judgment
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain Management