Horizon Recruitment Inc has an immediate need for a Logistics Specialist to join our client in the manufacturing sector. The role will work closely with the Logistics and Operations managers to manage both inbound and outbound shipments and will work freight companies to arrange shipping / receiving of materials required for production schedules. The role will also work on the analysis of logistics plans and trends to better support both internal and external clients.
- Monitor shipments and expedite deliveries
- Support Logistics Manager with Shipping and receiving requirements
- Liaise and build strong relationships with suppliers and vendors (internal and external)
- Update existing vendor information
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders to ensure Material information is up to date and operating efficiently
- Analyze logistics and freight information to identify areas for cost savings and / or improvements in operational efficiencies
- 3+ years’ logistics experience within a manufacturing environment is preferable
- Experience managing documentation for shipping and receiving in a warehouse environment
- Experience with cross-border shipments
- Strong analytical skills combined with experience creating reports in excel
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.