Our Client is a Global Manufacturing Company within the Automotive Sector. They are currently expanding their North American Presence and are looking for a Logistics Coordinator.
The Logistics Coordinator will work with their 3PL partner to manage inventory and ensure the smooth flow of products to their customer. The Logistics Coordinator will also work with Sales to create Forecasts and manager the order management system.
Other Duties will include:
- Delivery performance - monitor, initiate and follow up actions related to delivery performance and potential backorders throughout the supply chain to exceed customer expectations
- Inventory control - monitor, initiate and follow up actions related to inventory control to keep inventory to a minimum
- Logistics partner management – Close interaction with 3PL partner to monitor, initiate and follow up actions related to the performance of freight providers and 3PL partners.
- Daily coordination of all shipments, national and international, update needed information in relevant system, secure that shipments are monitored, delivery is checked and registered, and relevant documentation is stored
- Manage all shipments for import/export, all invoicing, Bill of Lading and complete transport documentation
- Projects for new business - support new business product introductions to ensure effective supply chains and flowless launches
- 3-5 years’ experience with supply chain management in an international company
- Experience from the automotive industry is a strong advantage
- Strong understanding of logistics processes, including order handling, transport, warehousing
- Ability to work with strategic issues and business plans in a global and highly competitive industry
- Ensure focus on key issues, plan and keep timeframes
- Make decisions and implement
- Challenge the way things are done today
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.