Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Materials and Logistics Specialist to join our client's operations team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will handle all inbound shipments including shipping documentation and logistics relationships. You will manage material inventory and factory lead times ensuring materials arrive as per client requirements.
- Plan and manage inventory levels and re-order points for critical materials
- Manage logistics, distribution, and warehousing relationships for a national operation with a broad variety of clients
- Manage carrier communication and customs / freight forwarding relationships
- Expedite order ready dates and supplier documentation
- Liaise with factories to ensure constant supply of materials / finished goods
- Arrange consolidated shipments and/or warehousing as per facility requirements
- Create and review logistics and warehousing KPIs
- Post-secondary education related to Logistics, Supply Chain or International Freight Forwarding (CiTT, PLog etc)
- APICS Certification preferred
- 5 years of work experience inbound shipping at a freight forwarder, manufacturer or distribution operation.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Basic knowledge of other large ERP systems. SAP experience is an asset
- Organized, meticulous, punctual and reliable even in stressful and deadline driven situations
- Analytical skills, problem solving abilities and creative thinking
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.