Our client, a fast growing 3PL, is looking to bring on a Load Planner to their team.
- Schedule and dispatch drivers to pick up and deliver loads to and from customers
- Coordinate and modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers.
- Monitor route changes and establish new routes for timely deliveries.
- Maintain high compliance to standards and operating procedures.
- Communicate specific freight requirements and procedures
- Update customer web portals with up-to-date load information.
- Enforce safety procedures such as monitoring driver reports to ensure equipment safety.
- Analyze transportation planning opportunities to reduce transportation cost.
- Ensure proper placement of trailer pool to support customer’s daily requirement while maintaining cost.
- 3-5 years of experience in trucking/transportation industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-stress situations calmly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations preferred
- Positive attitude with good people skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word) with an ability to quickly learn new software.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain