Just HR has an immediate need for a Learning Specialist on a 6-month contract consulting engagement. This role will be onsite, at their Burnaby office.
Our client in the health care sector designs and delivers digital health tools to support the ongoing evolution of a connected health system. In this role you will be creating and conducting focused education and training, designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating a range of educational curricula and training programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess learning needs and design learning programs that align with business objectives.
- Develop comprehensive training materials, including e-learning modules, instructor-led training, job aids, and other supporting resources.
- Utilize instructional design principles to create engaging and interactive learning
- Conduct training sessions and workshops, both in person and virtually, to facilitate skill development and knowledge transfer.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning initiatives through assessments and feedback mechanisms.
- Continuously improve learning programs based on feedback, industry best practices, and emerging trends.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest learning technologies and tools, and identify opportunities to leverage them for enhanced learning experiences.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and relevance of training materials.
- Establishes evaluation plans using logic and Kirkpatrick models to ensure learning programs are meeting learning outcomes.
- Provide one-on-one coaching and support to employees to address specific learning needs.
- Collaborate with external training vendors, if necessary, to source additional learning resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Design, or a related field, plus five (5) years of L&D experience, including online and in-person course design, material development and adult education and facilitation. A master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Learning Specialist, Learning and Development Specialist, or a similar role.
- Strong instructional design skills with the ability to create engaging and interactive learning content. Proficiency in learning management systems (LMS) and e-learning authoring tools.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with the ability to engage and inspire learners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively.
- Tools for effective remote work including computers and mobile devices
The hourly rate for this engagement is between $45 - $55/hr. This is a full time consulting role at 37.5 hours weekly expected on a 6 month term with possibility for extension.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Just HR is a specialized recruitment and search firm focused solely on the Human Resources function.