Horizon Recruitment is looking for an Intermediate Financial Analyst to work temporarily at a corporate office in Calgary, AB. Reporting to the Team Lead, Business Finance, the individual will support the coordination, analysis, and timely issuance of monthly accounting, reporting, forecasts, and annual budgets, including the preparation of reports and presentations. The individual will also be responsible for assisting with ad hoc projects, analysis and models.
- Utilize day-to-day accounting processes, procedures and analysis.
- Responsible for the timely completion, consistency and accuracy of all financial reports and analysis in compliance with reporting requirements.
- Maintains appropriate internal controls.
- Responsible for delivering consistent, accurate and timely management information (financial and statistical) for decision making purposes
- Developing a strong understanding of key business drivers
- Analysis and review of month-end results
- Assist in all aspects of the accounting and administrative activities (may include AP, AR, job costing, variance analysis, forecasting, and financial reporting)
- Reviewing and inputting current project costing and billings.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and related analysis.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Assist with the documentation and implementation of internal controls, and corporate disclosure initiatives.
- Streamline / reduce the inefficiencies of financial processes.
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process as required.
- Assist in the implementation of ERP as required.
- Other tasks as they arise.
- Minimum 3 years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Commerce or Finance
- Close to completion of, or working towards a professional designation;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to professionally and positively interact with people
- Attention to detail and analytical ability
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities, often within tight timelines
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment (Alberta) Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm in Finance & Accounting