Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team as a Senior Accountant for a great local company based in the Lower Mainland. Working closely with the Controller, this will be an excellent developmental role as the company plans for future growth.
- Responsible for month-end duties including the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports requested by senior leadership
- Work closely with and be a financial resource to the various operational departments
- Act as the backup for payroll processing
- Assist external auditors as part of the year end audit
- Get involved in continuously improving the systems and processes
- Possess an accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- 5+ years of experience working in a fast paced, multi-entity environment
- Ability to analyze complex business situations, summarize key issues, and make practical recommendations
- Excellent analytical skills and applies a creative approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.