Horizon Recruitment Inc. is looking for an Export Controls and Trade Compliance Manager to take up a full time position with a national manufacturer and supplier to global clients.
- To act as subject matter expert on all aspects of export and import procedure ensuring compliance across all aspects of the organisation and personnel.
- Assist with audits and regulatory compliance activities on a regular basis.
- Responsible for enforcement actions and investigations pertaining to export and import scenarios.
- Responsible for development of control and compliance process and procedure in line with evolving export and defense trade laws and regulations.
- Development and delivery of in house training syllabus.
- Tracks and advises the relevant management and stakeholders on latest export compliance issues.
- Assist the HR Department to ensure employment guidelines remain compliant and secure.
- Degree level education or appropriate qualifications ideally with a focus on trade, logistics, engineering or manufacturing.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in working within industry responsible for customs process with thorough knowledge of import and export regulations.
- Full working knowledge of North American ITAR, EAR and Controlled Goods Regulations.
- Strong analytical thinking and dynamic interpersonal skills, able to manage expectations appropriately across the business.
- Task and detail orientated with exceptional time-management skills.
- Solid technical communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enjoys managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Proven experience of assimilating complex business and technical details quickly.
- Able to obtain, or current holder, of relevant Canadian security clearance.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.