Horizon Recruitment Inc is conducting a search for a Director, Technology Innovation to provide strategic leadership that drives progressive and innovative solutions across a geographically dispersed public company. This newly created role will allow for the company to evolve and adapt to the ever-changing business environment. Working closely with the IT team, this person will take a proactive approach toward generating new ideas and pushing projects to completion.
- Regularly assess the business for innovation opportunities and take the lead in implementation of those tools or processes.
- Leverage and optimize the usage of existing tools or platforms and investigate emerging cloud technologies to improve collaboration knowledge sharing.
- Oversee the implementation of various initiatives, owning the quality and effectiveness of the solution, and ensuring it is on time and on budget.
- Establish and maintain a strategic technology action plan, allowing for updates to pivot and capture opportunities.
- Evaluate technology trends, assess for fit based on cost/benefit analyses, and prepare business cases for stakeholder consideration.
- Build strong working relationships with operational leadership and employees to better understand where value-added projects can be initiated.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business administration, or equivalent education and experience
- Project management designation would be preferred (PMP, Prince2)
- 10+ years of progressive technology or project management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all parts of the business.
- Experience working closely with operations with the ability to influence.
- Strong business acumen and judgement, including experience in economics, forecasting, and statistical analysis.
- Ability to analyze complex business situations and drive practical and innovative solutions.
- Ability to draft clear and concise memos, reports, and business cases.
- Hands-on attitude with the willingness to get the job done.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and in a SOX compliant environment is desirable.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.