Horizon Recruitment Inc is conducting a search for a Director, FP&A to join an exciting tech company that works with some of the largest brands in the world. This newly created role will be reporting to the CFO and CEO to drive informed decision-making, financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes. Expertise in financial analysis, reporting, and business insights will be instrumental in shaping the company's financial strategy and ensuring its long-term success. Once the process is smooth and perfected, you will then work with other divisions and subsidiaries to build FP&A throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong accounting and public audit background who has transitioned their career into the FP&A space and looking for a chance to put their stamp on how a company does things.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to develop and refine the company's financial strategy, aligning it with the organization's overall goals and objectives.
- Provide valuable insights into financial performance, market trends, and potential risks and opportunities.
- Oversee the quarterly budgeting process, working closely with department heads to develop detailed budgets and financial plans.
- Lead the ongoing forecasting efforts to ensure accuracy and alignment with changing business conditions.
- Perform monthly budget to actual and variance analysis.
- Manage all internal finance and accounting aspects, which include, key support for budget and planning process execution of cost control initiatives, and implementation of internal controls.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analysis, including project pricing, costing and margin analysis, profitability assessments, and ROI calculations.
- Track and report key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor business performance and provide actionable recommendations to enhance efficiency and profitability.
- Oversee the implementation and optimization of financial planning tools and systems to streamline processes and improve data accuracy.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and technology advancements.
- Assist in long-term financial planning and scenario modeling to evaluate the impact of potential business strategies and market changes.
- Help identify opportunities for growth and efficiency enhancements.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of target company's financial statements, historical performance, assets, liabilities, contracts, and potential risks.
- Create financial models to project the potential financial performance of the merged entity.
- Provide financial insights and analysis to guide negotiations with the target company's stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations, accounting standards, and reporting requirements applicable to M&A transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related financial analysis and financial planning.
- Experience working in complex, public company environments.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Prior experience working in the technology space and/or a project-based services business would be ideal
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and drive practical solutions.
- Hands-on attitude with the willingness to get the job done.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.