Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for an experienced Cost Controller, Transformation Projects - 1 year. Our large, multinational client is looking for an experienced finance professional with a track record of managing budgets, forecasts, and variances across a portfolio of projects. Our client is undergoing a massive business transformation initiative that will span the entire organization. The ability to work well with business operations will be key.
- Manage financial/cost model for entire portfolio of IT projects
- Prepare documentation and analyses of financial results for a wide range of audiences
- Validate and report key costing assumptions with stakeholders to support budget planning and approval processes
- Develop standard reports and ad hoc reports as needed
- Work closely with enterprise, business unit and site financial stakeholders
- Identify cost/financial dependencies with other projects
- Identify key timeline and cost risks and determine mitigation strategies
- Prepare forecasts of financial results using historical data, trends and other information and resources available
- Develop predictive financial models and provide analyses to support the Program
- Coordinate and facilitate the generation of financial reports to support the reporting cadence
- Establish the financial reporting calendar and collaborate with project teams to collect financial baseline plans, forecasts and actual spend.
- Develop/inherit and maintain standards and procedures governing ROS financial activities
- Act as a “Super User” and Domain Expert for Financial Reporting and related processes and tools for Budgeting and Planning.
- 3 year experience as a cost controller or cost control analyst role within a large project environment
- Solid skills in Microsoft Excel (Data, Pivots, Charts, etc),
- Background in Business or Financial Management or Accounting
- Understanding of technology concepts
- Solid understanding of Budget Management, Cost Management and (Project) Accounting principles
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Sharepoint, Teams and Microsoft Project
- Experience with PowerBI is a bonus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Exceptional communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to manage competing priorities in order to get the job done.
- Fluent in English and fluency in Spanish would be an asset
- Familiarity with Industrial Capital Projects and or IT projects is desirable
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.