Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify a strong Corporate Accountant to help cover a maternity leave for a 12 month term. Our client is an established company that provides services to mining projects around the world. Our client takes pride in the work they do and the relationships they build with the local and indigenous communities.
The Corporate Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of the annual consolidated financial statements, monthly and quarterly reporting packages, year-end audit, month-end close, indirect tax filings, and all other day-to-day finance and accounting activities. You will have the opportunity to engage in complex reporting issues and help improve accounting processes & procedures.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent credentials) or nearing completion
- Full cycle accounting and financial reporting in a multi-entity setting
- Strong skills in Excel and experience working with large ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Experience in mining and construction businesses would be an asset
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.