Horizon Recruitment is working with a local Vancouver grown company with an ownership group that is highly regarded and admired. This newly created Controller role will be leading a team of 6-7 people as they develop into a senior member of the leadership team. Aside from being responsible for the overall general accounting and financial reporting, this person will be actively involved in day-to-day operations of the business.
- Working with and reporting to the Vice President, Finance, you will be involved in the company’s financial administration, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, payables, receivables & financial reporting.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and discretion regarding business operations and information gathered.
- Developing & maintaining the ERP System
- Identify and implement innovative solution, to improve the productivity, accuracy and better decision making for finance and operations.
- Assisting other departments to understand revenue & cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking
- Maintaining & developing external relations (financial institutions, external auditor & insurance providers)
- Ensure accounting deadlines and cut-off schedules are adhered to.
- Develop, implement, and regularly monitor Key Performance Indicators across all aspects of the business
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information (GST, PST, payroll and other applicable taxes)
- Participate in human resource related areas of operations.
- 5 (Five)+ years of experience in a supervisory position
- CPA designation
- Extensive knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial financial and taxation regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement, strong operational focus and a creative thinker
- Well organized and self-directed with high integrity, honest, and articulate
- Demonstrate a “lead by example” approach as well as possess strong communication skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.