Horizon Recruitment Inc. has been engaged in a confidential search to identify a new Controller for a growing tech company based in Vancouver, with operations across North America. This person will work closely with a small team to provide financial reporting support in accordance with IFRS. The ideal candidates will posses 3-4 years of experience in a large public practice firm, having worked with publicly listed clients.
- Manage preparation of quarterly consolidation and annual financial statements.
- Manage preparation of accurate and timely financial reports to senior leadership.
- Develop proficiency with accounting software and financial systems, including NetSuite & OneStream
- Lead month-end and quarterly closing activities.
- Prepare and maintain various monthly & quarterly working papers for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Manage annual audit processes with external auditors.
- Assist with developing, documenting and implementing processes and controls to ensure the integrity of financial information.
- Research technical accounting and financial reporting issues for compliance with IFRS.
- Lead certain day-to-day accounting functions, including treasury, accounts payable and payroll.
- CPA or equivalent designation required.
- 5+ years experience in finance and accounting roles, with progressive levels of responsibility.
- Prior experience at a public accounting firm preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting and internal control frameworks.
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills, with the ability to translate complex financial data into actionable insights.
- Strong relationship management skills with the desire to establish collaborative working relationships
- Highly motivated and results-driven with the capacity to get things done.
- High level of attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Salary range of $100-120K
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain Management