Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking a Controller for a fantastic non-profit organization based in Burnaby. This company boasts one of the most generous benefits packages that we have ever seen.
As the Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the accounting and finance function for the organization including financial reporting, financial planning and strategic initiatives. You will play an important role in the business and be relied upon for really understanding the business needs and looking past the numbers. You will develop strategies for improving financial performance and ensuring cost-efficiency and will also provide risk management for the organization. The ideal candidate will work well in a team environment, while coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Minimum 7 years financial reporting experience in a non profit environment (member based organizations would be an even bigger asset)
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA)
- Experience as a Controller, Director, or Associate Director is preferred
- Previous experience managing and leading a team
- Ability to translate and convey financial information to non finance stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with executive level presentation experience
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.