Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Contracts Specialist for one of our Lower Mainland clients. Our client is a world leader in their field and requires an individual who will excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
As a Contracts Specialist, you will be responsible for contractual matters relating to the formation and administration of agreements required to support a major project for the organization. Joining the team early in the delivery phase, you will focus on the formation and management of contract documents and will take an active part in commercial discussions and negotiations with both client representatives and vendors.
The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of contract documents and experience managing complex contracts on Government projects. You will also take an active role in identifying business risk issues in relation to contractual documents supplied by clients and customers.
This role requires a dynamic individual who is able to adapt quickly in a large business environment.
- 10+ years contract management experience
- Post secondary education including either a technical or business management certificate from a recognized Institute of Technology or University degree in Accounting, Business Science, Law or Engineering
- Directly related commercial experience in industry or government with an emphasis on progressive experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A proven team player
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and experience with various supporting software packages including MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and MS Project
- Familiarity with Government Standards such as SACC, DFAR, FAR and DEFCON requirements an asset
- Candidates must be eligible for high-level security clearance.
- Salary Range: $90,000- $100,000 depending on experience
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.