Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for a Procurement and Contract Manager for our large BC based client. This role will manage contracts for a mining exploration project project as it progresses to the construction phase, with construction scheduled to begin in 2019. The project requires a senior contract manager with substantial experience managing contract mining services for an underground mining operation.
Initially a 12 month contract this role is likely to receive extensions as additional portions of the project are approved.
- Develop contract strategies to minimize risk
- Manage vendor sourcing activities
- Manage all post award vendor relationships with large contract mining service providers
- Act as owners representative in all contractual interactions with vendors
- Negotiate all change orders, claims and scope inquiries
- Prepare and track project budgets and schedules for contract portfolio
- Assist with the development of scope of work and RFx for construction tenders
- Liaise with project managers, engineers and construction / site managers to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- University level degree ideally in engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience working in a project environment, ideally within an EPC environment.
- 5+ years of experience working in Mining, with a focus on contract management
- Must have substantial experience managing contracts for underground mining operations.
- Strong pre-award sourcing / procurement experience.
- Experience with Risk assessment and risk management
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.