Horizon Recruitment Inc. has been engaged to assist our client source an experienced Contracts and Commercial Director. This is an opportunity to join a large operation in the engineering and construction space as they continue to add new projects to their portfolio. Our Client is looking for a Director level candidate with experience managing a complex portfolio of contracts and commercial requirements with specific experience managing government contracts. This role will be the primary client-facing contact and will require extensive knowledge of construction T&C's, indemnities and contract law with proven experience managing relationships with clients on high profile projects.
- Providing contractual advice to the project teams.
- Lead contract and commercial functions including all negotiations relating to major client contracts.
- Risk identification and mitigation of all commercial risks.
- Development and implementation of commercial procedures.
- Project Controls, commercial reporting, and analysis of project financial position.
- Claims management (client facing)
- Liaise with subcontract and procurement departments to ensure client contractual requirements are being met but vendors / subcontractors.
- Ensure governmental and HSE compliance with all contractual agreements.
- Coordinate proposal and contract negotiation process
- Significant technical expertise pertaining to contracts, contract formulation, and negotiations
- Excellent communication, team building, and leadership presence.
- 10 years of commercial and contract management experience on major projects.
- 5 years of experience within a government environment
- 5 years’ experience as a commercial director or senior executive with a large construction/engineering organization.
- Proven track record on delivering commercial success on major projects.
- Experience managing large commercial negotiations for complex, high profile projects.
- Ability to travel within Canada
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.