Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for an experienced Contract Manager with proven success managing contracts on large construction projects. Our BC based client requires a permanent candidate with experience managing large civil construction services and equipment contracts, including managing complex change orders and claim negotiations.
This permanent position is working on long term projects and and will be required on site rotation (BC Based sites) once construction kicks off.
- Manage high profile / complex post award vendor relationships
- Negotiate all change orders, claims and scope inquiries
- Track project budgets, performance metrics, and schedules for contract portfolio
- Liaise with legal team, project managers, engineers and construction / site managers to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- University level degree ideally in law, engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 10+ years of experience working in a project environment, ideally within an EPC environment.
- 8+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Utilities Oil & Gas etc.
- 10+ years of experience in contract administration / contract management
- Must have proven experience negotiating complex construction services contracts, managing claims and major change orders
- Experience managing design build contracts an asset.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.