Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Contracts Manager for one of our large Vancouver based clients. Initially a 12 month contract term, this position will be working on a key project that will see substantial construction operations continue for up to 10 years. Working in the Lower Mainland, the Contracts Manager will consult with stakeholders from a variety of locations and operations and will require substantial experience with multi-billion dollar projects.
As the Contracts Manager, you will manage a portfolio of contracts, developing contract strategy and managing contract execution. You will be responsible for ensuring all contracts are implemented fully and are managed to the level that ensures projects are completed on time and within scope. The Contracts Manager will also assist with RFP/Contract formulation and will participate in all major negotiations. The Contacts Manager will be responsible for managing change orders, risk assessment, vendor performance, and procurement policy frameworks.
- University degree with a Supply Chain Management focus (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- An SCMP designation (or equivalent combination of designation plus experience)
- 8+ years progressive experience in procurement and contracts related roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communications and negotiations experience
- Proven ability to manage contracts for large scale construction projects
- Ability to travel when required
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.