Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for a Contract Administrator to join our client's engineering and construction team for a 12 month contract position. This role will be based in the Vancouver corporate office and will manage construction contracts with an accelerated project schedule. It requires a project professional who can think on their feet in a complex and challenging environment.
- Manage all post award vendor relationships with construction general contractors.
- Act as owners representative in contract negotiations with construction and earthmoving vendors
- Negotiate change orders, claims and scope enquiries
- Manage progress payments and approvals
- Track project budgets and schedules for contract portfolio
- Assist with the development of scope of work and RFx for construction tenders
- Liaise with project managers, engineers and construction / site managers to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- University level degree ideally in engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience working in a project environment, ideally within an EPC environment.
- 5+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Oil & Gas etc.
- 5+ years of experience in contract administration / contract management
- Design-Build experience would be an asset
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.