Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for experienced Project Managers to join our client’s project team. The role will focus on industrial construction projects and will manage a large portfolio of trades and construction venders ensuring successful completion of projects within budget and on schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to travel regularly to project sites within western Canada to monitor the progress of each project but must be based out of Vancouver for the duration of the assignment.
- Responsible for managing projects from estimation through to completion
- Support design team with site technical data on each project
- Manage general contractors and trades to ensure high quality work is completed within scope and budgets.
- Maintain project schedules and forecasts
- Identify process improvement opportunities to streamline key functions within the project management role.
- Manage contractor, vendor and property manager relationships throughout the construction phase
- Manage contracts, insurance, and bonds, safety, etc.
- Manage project budgets, schedules, and deadlines
- 8+ years of project management experience, ideally in industrial , manufacturing or distribution construction projects.
- Post-secondary, technical education (BCIT) or similar in construction or industry-related program
- PMP designation is preferred
- Skilled at reading and interpreting technical documents, plans, and engineering information
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and excel under situations with substantial change.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications as well as project management software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.