Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for a Construction Officer for our BC Based Client. The construction officer will support a portfolio of projects for a busy construction group and will work on rotation at site for the duration of the assignment.
- Plan, organize, and evaluate construction progress from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, tolerances, safety, and quality control
- Inspect construction sites to ensure compliance with building and safety codes and prepare reports for Project / Construction managers.
- Ensure construction site safety and compliance
- Coordinate site testing and estimating requirements
- Support site vendor inquiries
- Manage equipment and material allocations
- Work to deliver projects safely, efficiently, and effectively.
- Create detailed construction timelines and plans while maintaining construction execution budgets and scope.
- Prepare reports on construction progress for projects, escalating construction issues with upper management where required
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years trades experience, or an equivalent combination of education (trade/technologist certification)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficient in construction project management software such as MS Project, Excel, Primavera P6 and SAP
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.