Horizon Recruitment is searching for a Complex Accounting Specialist - Acquisitions to join our client's growing accounting team team. The Specialist, Acquisitions researches, prepares accounting and reporting deliverables, and assists with integration activities associated with entities that our clients is acquiring in partnership with internal stakeholders.
- Forecast and account for equity pickup from our clients investments, acquisitions and reconcile related accounts;
- Research guidance, identify alternatives, and document recommendations for ad-hoc items related to equity investments and acquisition accounting;
- Assist with month end close and external quarterly reporting, including preparation of disclosures related to equity investments and acquisitions and development of information requests to gather information from investees or newly acquired subsidiaries;
- Prepare and review monthly/quarterly/annual financial analysis that supports consolidated financial results and corporate forecasts;
- Prepare and review inputs into information required as part of projects associated with the acquisition, as required;
- Coordinate and implement processes for consolidation of intercompany accounts with acquisitions and conversion of existing intercompany processes within newly developed systems;
- Implement process improvements that support a timely close, forecast accuracy, and ability to report;
- Ensure financial reporting is in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Tax or securities regulation, as applicable;
- Ensure accounting and reporting process complies with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers.
- Accounting designation required (CPA; CPA, CA);
- Knowledge of accounting standards and regulatory requirements applicable to public companies (US GAAP desirable);
- Application expertise (desirable): SAP, BPC, Excel, Workiva, Blackline;
- Process management skills;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT OUR CLIENT HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.