Just HR has an immediate need for a Change Management Consultant within in the public healthcare sector. Our client is a large-scale entity with a complex environment and multiple stakeholders. We are recruiting for an accomplished professional with experience with significant and complex culture transformation in large and layered organization. This is fully remote role with the ability to occasionally travel within the province.
- In collaboration with key leaders, partners, and corporate services, coordinates and facilitates change management processes for their assigned program area or project teams
- Develops and implements change management activities in alignment with the Change Management methodology
- Works collaboratively with project team/project lead(s) in the program area(s) to integrate change management activities and project management activities
- Leads/directs other members of the change management team as required
- Contributes to project charters, budgets, project plans, risk/issue/decision logs and reporting activities
- Actively seeks to identify and mitigate end-user adoption risks
- Engages stakeholders through a collaborative approach to planning, implementing and sustaining change initiatives
- Provides change management advice, coaching and support for project sponsors, change leaders, and staff as required
- Facilitation of Provincial working group(s)
- Fosters and facilitates relationship building, networking, and collective development to advance shared priorities across all stakeholder groups
- Builds capacity through knowledge exchange and knowledge translation activities with a variety of operational leaders, staff, and external partners
- Supports a culture that embraces quality improvement, cultural safety, anti-racism, psychological safety, and change leadership to achieve improvements in health outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a master’s degree in organizational development, leadership, business or health-related field such as health sciences, healthcare administration, nursing, medicine, or social sciences.
Minimum seven (7) years of experience in change management with recent, related experience working in a health care or provincial government environment. Change Management certification is required. Minimum five (5) years working with IT projects, software development teams, or product teams
- Experience working as part of an Agile product development team
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and collaboration skills.
- Experience with executive coaching
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Expert facilitation and consensus building skills, conflict resolution/mediation/non-violent communication training is an asset.
- Experience leading Provincial and/or enterprise-wide change with complex stakeholder groups.
- A solid understanding of how people go through change and behaviour change theory
- Proven ability to create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize end-user adoption, minimize resistance and increase benefits realization.
- Experience with stakeholder analysis and formal stakeholder engagement frameworks.
- Ability to write or edit high quality business documents (e.g., change management plans, communication plans, progress reports, etc.).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate the value of change management, including the benefits to overall project health and achieving outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate change management plans with project plans.
- Understanding or experience with project management tools, methodologies and templates to effectively plan, prioritize, manage and monitor projects and mitigate project risks.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building partnerships with health professionals, family physicians, patients and community groups/programs/services in diverse communities.
- Demonstrated awareness of anti-racism and cultural safety and ability to support processes that lead to greater equity and culturally safe service delivery.
- Experience in facilitating qualitative improvement processes (e.g., Patient Journey Mapping, LEAN design) and ability to develop an environment where growth mindset and quality improvement principles are fostered.
- Ability to teach using adult learning principles.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet, and e-mail systems. Experience with Miro facilitation software is an asset.
- This is an hourly consulting opportunity, expected hourly rates are between $75-$95/hr.
- 6 month full time engagement with strong possibility for extension.