Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify an executive leader for a large scale enterprise in Western Canada undergoing a significant supply chain transformation. The executive will work closely with the senior leadership team (C-suite) to drive change and business improvement initiatives. The executive will also lead a large team of strategic supply chain professionals. The executive will have accountability for significant spend of approximately $500M.
- Drive change related to processes, market sounding and research, relationship management, reporting and risk management within the category management group
- Liaise with team members, consultants and resources in order to advise the senior leadership team (C-suite) on strategic growth initiatives
- Contribute to multi-year planning to generate category management programs
- Represent the company and develop relationships with major suppliers, outside consulting firms and other external stakeholders
- Provide analysis and commentary in making decisions related to category management processes and policies
- Deliver effective planning for high risk complex projects
- Exceptional practical understanding of category implementation, overall supply chain management and operations
- Ability to demonstrate results from past performance in: multi-step, structured category management and strategic sourcing processes
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations, multi-level engagement and significant contractual issues
- Ability to develop and build relationships with suppliers, internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP systems is desirable along with advance MS Project, Excel and general data analysis ability
- Comfort and poise presenting to senior executives in a structured setting
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.