Horizon Recruitment is seeking a Buyer for a growing procurement team based in Vancouver. Our client requires a motivated and enthusiastic individual to step into the role of Buyer for their manufacturing operations to fill a contract until December 31st. This contract opportunity provides a great opportunity to work within a dynamic and supportive team and may lead to longer term work in the future.
- Provide purchasing support to various manufacturing and operational teams
- Process Vendor PO's and expedite raw materials deliveries
- Coordinate purchases and support other procurement personnel
- Ensure vendor pricing and service level agreements are upheld
- Perform market research to identify best in class vendors
- Manage a high-volume of purchase orders, expediting deliveries and liaising with production teams to coordinate complex schedules and deadlines
- 3+ years’ purchasing related experience
- Excellent relationship building and customer services skills
- Enrollment or working towards an SCM accreditation program (SCMA, APICS or similar)
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong negotiations skills
- Exposure to inventory management
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.