Horizon Recruitment is recruiting for an Inventory Buyer who can assist our client in supporting their field operations with the provisioning of ad hoc supplies and resources to ensure the continued smooth flow of business operations.
Our client has a number of standing offers and vendor relationships that the Buyer will draw upon to ensure staff in the field have the materials, services and goods to maintain daily flow. Demand for resources can be sudden and urgent so the Buyer will need to be a flexible people person with strong supply chain knowledge and customer service orientation. The Inventory Buyer will report to an experienced and engaging Procurement Manager who is supportive and open. The ideal candidate will take the initiative to develop the role into a more strategic procurement and vendor sourcing focused position.
- Support field staff consisting of facilities, engineering and construction teams in obtaining the appropriate material that ensure projects are kept to schedule and delivery targets
- Act as point of contact to various stakeholders regarding procurement requests
- Trouble shoot areas where supplier variety needs improvement and provide recommendations to Procurement and Category Management.
- 3+ years of professional procurement experience along with advanced education in supply chain, procurement and business
- Exceptional people and communication skills
- A strong multi-tasker who can manage competing priorities and demands
- Great attitude and can do mindset
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.