Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team as an Assistant Controller for a great local company based in the Lower Mainland. Working closely with the Controller, this will be an excellent developmental role as the company plans for future growth. Managing a team of four, you will actively work with senior leadership on operational matters.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements for multiple companies
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports requested by senior leadership
- Work closely with senior leadership and be a financial resource to business operations
- In managing the team, you will be responsible for performance reviews and continuous training
- Assist external auditors as part of the year end audit
- Get involved in continuously improving the systems, internal controls, and processes
- Possess an accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- 5+ years of experience working in a fast paced, multi-entity environment
- Ability to analyze complex business situations, summarize key issues, and make practical recommendations
- Ability to manage and analyze large data sets. Working knowledge of how to organize, summarize and interpret data.
- Excellent analytical skills and applies a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a changing business environment.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.