Horizon Recruitment Inc. is looking for an Assistant Controller for a distribution company based in Burnaby. They are a Top Employer and truly one of the most forward thinking and sustainability focused workplaces in BC. As the Assistant Controller you will be responsible for the financial reporting and analysis for the growing distribution side of the business. This is a hands on role where you'll be wearing many hats as the business continues to grow - financial reporting and financial analysis. You'll also oversee a small team and have the opportunity to grow with the team!
- Prepare monthly and year end financial statements and provide valuable analysis to senior leadership
- Sales and product analysis including forecasts and performance target setting
- Budgeting and forecasting activities across the organization
- Responsible for day to day accounting transactions - AP, AR, Payroll
- Process improvement initiatives
- Present financial period end results to senior management, highlighting areas of concern and action plans
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) with at least 3 years of experience
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves professional with a demonstrated track record of success
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to influence and manage stakeholders
- Capability, drive and initiative to learn, adapt and execute
- An open and articulate communicator who can build strong relationships
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.