Horizon Recruitment Inc. is recruiting for an Assistant Controller for a construction related company. The organization is making changes to their processes and procedures allowing them to be most effective moving forward. The organization is also constantly looking for ways to improve and implement new processes and procedures, requiring this person to be able to work with multi-disciplinary teams. We are looking for someone who can combine this process improvement mentality with traditional monthly accounting duties and supervising a small team.
- Manage and implement process improvement initiatives on day to day accounting transactions
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements
- Present financial period end results to senior management, highlighting areas of concern and action plans
- Supervise all Accounts Payable functions
- Document processes and provide strategic analysis to implement process improvement across the business
- Help the business through growth by integrating teams and processes and supporting the business with updated financial information to improve profitability and efficiencies
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) with at least 3 years of experience
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves professional with a demonstrated track record of success
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to influence and manage stakeholders
- Capability, drive and initiative to learn, adapt and execute
- An open and articulate communicator who can build strong relationships
*Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.