Horizon Recruitment is recruiting an Analyst, Global Supply Chain for our enterprise client downtown Vancouver with an excellent reputation and fantastic long-term career opportunity. The Analyst will be conducting analysis in support of global supply chain decisions, including transport movements, target inventory levels and purchase requirements over a 120-day planning horizon. Analysis includes comparison of cost and risk for various tactical decisions keeping in mind: security of supply, low cost, and value creation. This position also is responsible to support all reporting activities related to the Global Supply Chain function, including weekly supply/demand balances, inventory reports, vessel tracking, cost management reports, KPIs, etc. The Global Supply Chain Analyst provides back-up for the Global Supply Chain Planner and therefore must work closely and communicate effectively with the Global Tactical Planning Team. This position is also a key contact for any IT related projects impacting the Global Supply Chain function.
- A university degree, preferably in an associated discipline (i.e. accounting, engineering, business administration, operations).
- 1-3 years’ participation in multi-regional teams (within context of a globally operated business is preferable)
- 1-3 years’ experience in international supply chain and logistics or other technically relevant field.
- Ability to identify and deliver value-added cross-functional strategies and processes that deliver competitive advantage in cost, quality of service, people and environment.
- Understanding of the dynamics of a global commodity business that influences supply/demand and cost.
- Learn and have insight about the internal customer to achieve continuous improvement.
- Experience with Demand and Supply Chain Planning software would be an asset.
- Must have strong computer skills in desktop applications (Excel, Word, MS Project, Access).
- Reporting weekly Supply/Demand update, Terminal Inventory Report, Tactical Plan
- Develop and update cost management reports
- Monthly Global Supply Chain report, inventory reconciliation for Corporate Finance, Operations Plan, sales forecast
- Develop and update KPIs related to the Global Supply Chain function
- Supports Senior Business Analyst with delivery of strategic reporting and analysis as required
- Tactical Planning & Support
- Analyze global supply (Manufacturing plants, off-takes, global swaps, spot purchases)/demand balances with the objective of identifying trends, areas of risk, and potential improvements.
- Maintain effective communications with key stakeholders to ensure timely sharing of high-quality information on which to make decisions.
- Communicate closely with shipping to ensure decisions impacting transport movements are properly reflected in tactical planning analyses.
- Assists in the management of short-term operational issues when required. Act as back-up to the Global Supply Chain Planner.
- Team’s key contact for all IT Initiatives related to or impacting Global Supply Chain function
- Synthesizes and communicates key business requirements to technical team
- Keeps Global Supply Chain team informed of project progress and implications
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.