Horizon Recruitment is recruiting for an Accounts Payable Specialist to partner with the finance team of a rapidly growing HVAC, construction and services company in Burnaby. The AP Specialist will play a key role in a variety of accounts payable projects and initiatives as the company evolves and grows. Projects include assisting process and manuals related to AP/ AR, as well as regular duties related to all company invoicing.
- Verify invoice accuracy, data entry, obtain approvals and coding of invoices and enter into Sage.
- Handle accounts payable for separate business entities and vendors.
- Creating and developing accounting templates for the Firm.
- Preparing monthly credit card statement reconciliations.
- Maintain an orderly AP or Accounting filing system.
- Process Expense reimbursement.
- Process bi-weekly on-demand cheques and monthly cheque runs.
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up to resolve any discrepancies.
- 2-5 years' minimum accounts payable experience.
- Previous office experience, with an affinity for data and numbers; a background in accounts payable processing would be a significant asset.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, and ability to quickly learn new software.
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.