Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for an Accounting Assistant - AR for a large manufacturing company with geographically dispersed operations. Our client is an ever growing player in their industry and offers an excellent opportunity for a steady accounting clerk looking for a stable, long-term role. Our client is very flexible and is more focused on finding the right fit. They are even open to training a new graduate who is just starting out in their accounting career.
- Post daily customer payments and transactions into accounting system
- Resolve approved authorized deductions by entering corrections to customer accounts.
- Monitor customer aging reports and advise management of past due and delinquent accounts.
- Follow up on customer deductions, overdue invoices, filing claims to customer portals and ensuring AR days target is achieved
- Generate weekly sales and AR reports for business leaders
- Ensure general ledger accounts and sub ledgers are reconciled at the end of each period
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Accounting
- Enrollment in the CPA program is an asset
- 1 - 2 years experience in an AR role would be ideal
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly
- Familiarity with using an ERP system is an asset
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.