Horizon Recruitment is partnering with a national manufacturer of food and beverage products to identify a Warehouse Supervisor for their facility in Oakville. Under the direction of the Sr Operations Manager the Warehouse Supervisor will oversee and provide guidance to the team in the warehouse.
With a 40 year history, strong brand and excellent position in the market our client enjoys a welcoming culture and family based environment with the right amount of professionalism. The Warehouse Supervisor will work with our client to create new processes and provide expertise to the movement of inventory across eastern Canada and into the US.
- Establishes operational goals and annual targets focused on accuracy and safety improvement to support growth, improve engagement and tracks progress regularly towards their achievement
- Hires, trains, and develops employees across warehouse and delivery operations.
- Oversees warehouse and distribution/delivery activities, including: efficient inventory control and replenishment as well as efficient tracking and deployment of resources via established KPIs.
- Coaches and directs team in problem solving with issues as they arise.
- Optimizes the distribution operations with both warehouse staff, drivers and third party providers.
- Maximizes the efficiency of the warehouse space and develops KPIs to monitor process towards goals and objectives.
- Directs all dock operations for efficiency, inventory accuracy, and shipment manifests.
- Ensures that all Health and Safety related requirements within the warehouse including food safety and quality are met, including overseeing the warehouse equipment and maintenance.
- Ensures all fleet vehicles and motorized equipment are properly maintained, licensed, and serviced for safe and efficient operation.
- Ensures warehouse employees are properly trained in the safe operation of the relevant equipment and safety procedures.
- Utilizing KPIs, manages shipping and receiving department to ensure accurate and efficient replenishment.
- Oversees the overall warehouse work flow process and ongoing assessment, review, and update of departmental procedures and processes
- Maintains efficient, safe, clean and well-organized facilities that meet or exceed all external regulatory and customer expectations
- Post-secondary degree in business, supply chain, logistics or a related field
- Continually reinforces concept of quality in all things with employees
- Completes required documentation accurately and timely
- Strives for error free in own work
- Prioritizes tasks and ensures daily targets are achieved
- Has output expectations for each team member and monitors performance against those expectations
- Identifies problems and investigates potential solutions
- Monitors progress and effect of changes
- Adjusts changes as required to achieve desired result
- Works safely and sets an example
- Continuously communicates the safety message to all team members
- Uses appropriate and effective communication to reinforce desired behaviours
- Provides appropriate detailed direction
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.