Horizon Recruitment has a unique and exciting opportunity for a capable logistics executive as we have been engaged to conduct the search for our clients next VP, Operations. Working closely with the President the VP will partner with the executive team, and ownership group, to integrate into the operation and replace the outgoing President who will be focusing on other business ventures.
Our client operates a very successful omni-channel 3PL business for major brands that are primarily in the apparel and sporting goods industries. Our client has been in business for over 15 years with a steady rate of growth and an impressive list of clients. Our client provides fulfillment, freight management, reverse logistics and inventory control services and has an impressive technology team that can fully integrate customers system requirements for a complete online fulfillment experience. Over half a billion dollars of product moves through our clients warehouses annually.
- Operates as a member of the senior leadership team developing business strategies and contributes to operational and management decision-making in meeting business objectives
- Identifies operational strengths and weaknesses and acts in order to improve service delivery
- Works with senior management in facilitating and driving change initiatives
- Leads process improvement projects in inventory control and customer service
- Promotes and contributes to the development of the Operations goals and strategies with a focus on labour; sets clear goals and objectives for the operational team
- Monitors and manages P&L every period and directs in annual budget preparation ensuring alignment with strategic initiatives
- Maintains control of all expenses relating to the operation of the warehouse and distribution functions;
- HR & Labour
- Ensure work schedules are in place to promote efficiency manage labour costs. This includes adequate staffing levels for picking and review of workload as compared to manpower and equipment.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement aligned with corporate values
- Grow and develop employees and promote an inclusive culture in order to retain high quality employees. Facilitate and support team building.
- University degree preferably in supply chain related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of progressive senior management experience ideally in a complex distribution centre
- Experience leading, supporting, and managing a team or several teams of managers in an operational setting required
- Strong financial management understanding with proven P&L management experience in excess of $30M annually.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels, from front-line staff up to senior management, with a high level of diplomacy, tact, discretion and professionalism.
- Proven ability to write business reports, operational plans, policies, and other documents.
- Experience with implementing Lean processes in a warehouse environment
- Experience with information technology systems (software, IT, warehousing)
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.