On March 4th, 2019 Red Recruitment was acquired by Horizon Recruitment. Orange is the new Red! To learn more about the acquisition visit: https://www.horizonrecruit.com/calgary-acquisition and watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLFHryvUyq4
Horizon Recruitment is undertaking a search for an experienced public accounting CPA to join our clients' technical accounting group. This multi-faceted role offers the unique opportunity to work on emerging technical accounting issues, utilizing strong problem-solving skills and professional judgment with a team of diverse professionals from various backgrounds. This role will appeal to an experienced Chartered Accountant who enjoys the audit function and financial reporting without the deadlines. It will also be of interest to an individual seeking to broaden their expertise in the area of capital markets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing oversight and analysis of diverse Reporting Issuers’ financial reporting, continuous disclosure documents (i.e: financial statements, AIF, MD&As), prospectuses, pre-filing and exemption applications to identify specific public interest concerns and ensure compliance with securities legislation.
- Presenting to and interfacing with executives of Reporting Issuers, their advisors and other capital market constituents to ensure any identified compliance issues are resolved.
- Participating on committees with colleagues from across Canada on the formation of recommendations for the development of legislative rules, regulatory instruments and amendments.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Canadian Accounting Professional (CPA - CA) designation.
- A minimum of 5 years post designation experience with assurance work and/or preparation of financial reporting for public entities is required for the role. Applicants with more years of experience in assurance or public financial reporting would be a great asset and be highly considered.
- Excellent time management skills, and the proven ability to think critically, evaluate alternative positions and make decisions by applying sound judgment and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong technical understanding of IFRS.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP would be an asset.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.