Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking a US Tax Manager for one of our large public, Richmond based clients. This company made a US acquisition last year and is looking for someone to lead the US Tax strategy. We are looking for someone who can be proactive, take initiative, understand the big picture but also has the ability to get into the details. You'll be involved in compliance, provisions, and planning. You will review current systems and processes in the US and assist with planning and/or implementing of systems, procedures, and internal controls. You will perform research for various US jurisdictions and formulate strategies to optimize their impact on the results of the company’s operations. You will monitor changes in the US tax legislation and regulations and devise strategies to optimize their impact on the company. You will also be responsible for preparing and reviewing tax provisions for audited financial statements and accounting for income taxes through the preparation of tax forecasts, future income tax proofs, tax notes, and all required reconciliations.
- US tax experience coupled with a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- 5+ years of experience with exposure to large US companies (combination of public practice and industry is ideal)
- Detail oriented but with the ability to step back and see the larger picture in perspective
- Driven and dedicated to quality work
- Well organized and results oriented
- Someone who can think ahead and anticipate potential issues and challenges
- A positive attitude with a passion for problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.