Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking a Tax Manager for one of our large public, Vancouver based clients. This broad role is ideal for an individual seeking an exciting work environment where new acquisitions and an often changing company landscape means that your work is also always changing. Compliance is only a small part of your role; you'll be involved in planning, reorganizations and more interesting and complex work.
As Tax Manager with this fantastic company, your primary function will be to oversee all issues related to tax compliance, provision, planning and reporting for their Canadian and US businesses. You will manage all tax compliance activities to ensure that tax returns are prepared and filed in a timely manner. You will participate in the preparation of tax planning and tax minimization strategies and ensure that all sales tax departments prepare appropriate tax summaries in accordance with current rules. You will also be responsible for preparing and reviewing tax provisions for audited financial statements and accounting for income taxes through the preparation of tax forecasts, future income tax proofs, tax notes and all required reconciliations.
- Strong tax experience coupled with a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- 4 years of tax experience with exposure to large Canadian and US companies (combination of public practice and industry is ideal)
- A detail oriented worker, but with the ability to step back and see the larger picture in perspective
- Driven and dedicated to quality work
- Well organized and results oriented
- A positive attitude with passion for problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.