Horizon Recruitment has an immediate requirement for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our large BC based client. The role requires a candidate with a strong Strategic Sourcing, Vendor Management and Quality background. The successful candidate will manage major contract manufacturing relationships and will be responsible for ongoing vendor management, vendor reviews, quality escalations and contract negotiations.
- Work with business leaders to develop and execute a sourcing strategy to ensure best quality and price for contract manufacturing relationships
- Develop KPI's and vendor performance metrics
- Manage vendor relationships and ongoing vendor reviews and escalations
- Manage vendor pricing negotiations for new product introductions and design revisions
- Develop robust risk mitigation strategies with key manufacturing vendors
- Provide guidance and support on various items for the business unit Contracts Managers
- Manage compliance with sourcing strategy and business processes
- Report performance data for assigned category
- Provide input and feedback on business processes and contribute to change management where appropriate.
- 10 years of sourcing and contract management experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing and contract management for major multi-million dollar contracts
- Ability to proactively initiate and maintain influential business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience managing, or working within large contract manufacturing operations
- Credentials that include a university degree – ideally in engineering or business disciplines.
- Masters degree / MBA or professional SCM accreditation in either contracts management, logistics or procurement is preferred.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.