Horizon Recruitment is searching for a Strategic Sourcing Lead to join our client's project team as they undertake a major, enterprise wide ERP implementation. The role will ensure existing processes and systems are optimized during the implementation and will represent the supply chain and strategic sourcing group within the implementation project team to ensure a smooth transition, supporting testing and training programs.
- Liaise with key stakeholders within the organization to define and develop policies and processes related to strategic sourcing strategies
- Engages the client group to define, analyze and prioritize requirements with a view to the client’s longer term business strategy.
- Work within cross functional teams to gather and clarify data
- Plan and executes implementation of the sourcing module to meet timelines and strategy objectives
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal stakeholders and leadership team, defining and supporting decision making and financial / project analysis.
- Communicates, monitors, and manages compliance with sourcing strategy and/or business process.
- Manages directly or supports the business to manage contracts and the performance of suppliers and ensures that performance issues are quickly resolved.
- Utilizes their expertise of corporate business needs and understanding of the market structure to make recommendations on how changes in business processes can improve ways to go to market; structure the sourcing approach and contract.
- Seeks to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes.
- Reports performance data for assigned categories and/or key business processes.
- Develops relationships with key contacts at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, operations, engineering or equivalent.
- SCMP certification or other equivalent SCM certification is required.
- 8+ years sourcing and/or contract management experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting a major ERP system implementation
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in a team based environment and influence positive business outcomes.
- Experience working in relevant industry; in an environment that is complex, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations. Prefer balance of private and public sector experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and results in: multi-step, structured category management or strategic sourcing processes, complex negotiations, leading cross-functional teams, multi-level engagement, resolving contractual issues while preserving relationships.
- Knowledge of: public sector purchasing procedures, supplier processes, receiving and inspection procedures and quality management procedures.
- Expert in software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively initiate and maintain strongly influential business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Able to lead through influence, utilize business acumen to determine best course of action and trade-offs, utilize excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate decisions and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to not only adapt to change but to also support change within supply chain and more broadly across the organization.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.