Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify a Strategic Procurement Advisor who will work with the Manager, Procurement to build out our clients procurement organization as the function matures within the company. You will work with an accomplished leader who's mandate is to elevate procurements influence and impact across the organization. This is a career opportunity to create an impact within a variety of departments to show the value that strategic procurement can provide. If you have a strong rooting in procurement and strategic sourcing along with excellent persuasive and presentation capabilities we would like to discuss this opportunity with you!
This position is ideal for a highly customer oriented individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are a team player with the ability to work effectively and positively with both internal and external contacts. You are also an analytical and detail oriented individual with an excellent ability to synthesize, strategize and summarize large volumes of information. The role requires strong negotiation, facilitation, influencing and presentation skills with an excellent communication.
- Build and maintain collaborative business partner relationships across various department levels and bring together procurement and internal stakeholder objectives
- Develop, recommend and implement sourcing strategy by use of market intelligence, data analytics and business requirements
- Recommend and lead all aspects of the multi-faceted competitive procurement process for large and complex acquisitions, which includes evaluation and selection of preferred suppliers
- Utilize analytical tools and techniques to analyze and interpret a wide range of supplier and organizational information and options to support procurement planning and decision making
- Identify appropriate suppliers to fit departments’ business objectives, as well as identify opportunities to optimize the supply base for incremental benefits
- Work closely with Legal on key contracts, including negotiation of contract terms and conditions, contract execution.
- Recommend, develop, coordinate, implement and maintain related processes and procedures, policies and directives to maximize procurement efficiency and effectiveness across the organization
- University degree in business administration or equivalent post secondary degree along with SCMP designation, or equivalent, are strong assets.
- 5 years of senior level experience recommending, leading and problem solving all aspects of the competitive procurement process for complex multi-million dollar acquisitions
- Significant multi-category experience developing procurement strategies using data insights, improving business processes, communicating procurement policy, and working knowledge of relevant contract terms and conditions.
- Considerable consulting and construction category experience
- Proficiency interpreting spend analytics, including proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Strong procurement related software or ERP systems.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.