Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking a Senior US Tax Specialist for one of our large enterprise clients. Our client has recently undergone significant growth through a combination of organic and M&A activity in the US and Canada. This is a new role on a tight knit international tax team. The majority of the tax group is located in Vancouver but they have members elsewhere in the world. If you're currently in public practice looking for a great opportunity to move into industry this is certainly a role to pay attention to. We are looking for someone who can be proactive, take initiative, understand the big picture but also has the ability to get into the details.
You'll be involved in compliance, provisions, and have input on planning. You will perform research for various US jurisdictions and evaluate their impact on the company. You will monitor changes in the US tax legislation and regulations and will also be responsible for preparing and reviewing tax provisions. This role offers a competitive and rewarding compensation plan as well as a professional work environment. The team is working from home and will continue to do so until it is practical to return to the office. The interviewing and onboarding process will be handled primarily through a remote process.
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provisions for U.S. entities
- Preparation of surplus calculation of foreign affiliates in U.S.
- Research and follow up of various tax issues, and effective communication of tax matters to accounting and finance team
- Preparation of U.S. corporation and partnership income tax returns and other annual informational returns
- Preparation of U.S. estimated tax calculation and coordinate their payments
- Preparation of State/city tax returns, Gross Receipts tax returns, Corporate Activity Tax returns and other indirect tax returns
- Assist with the quarterly and annual tax provisions of the consolidated group
- Preparation of E&P calculation of U.S. entities
- Assist with tax assessments, U.S. federal and state tax audits
- Support the rest of the finance and accounting team with respect to U.S. income tax and commodity tax issues.
- Professional accounting designation
- Prior hands-on experience of preparing U.S. corporation and partnership tax returns
- Prior hands-on experience of surplus or E&P calculation
- Good understanding of US GAAP
- A professional with great interpersonal skills who is committed to service excellence.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain