Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Senior Supply Chain Specialist/ Buyer (contract) for one of our high profile energy clients in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement, this role will be responsible for a complex portfolio of materials. The successful candidate will oversee and manage all aspects of the supply chain. This includes developing sourcing strategies and contracts required to implement a category initiative. You will also lead a complex sourcing process and with the responsible business unit contract managers.
- Audit and address all potential risks within the Supply Chain
- Analyze spend and find savings opportunities
- Qualify sources of supply
- Communicates, monitors, and manages compliance with sourcing strategy and/or business process.
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring goods at a medium to high risk
- Seek to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes
- Negotiate with various vendors
- Facilitate projects with cross functional sourcing aspects
- Develop relationships with suppliers to increase efficiency, compliance and scheduling
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in a team based environment and influence positive business outcomes.
- 5-10 years experience within Category Management
- Experience with pipeline construction category management
- Oil and gas experience a strong asset
- Has a good understanding of the Operational side of the business
- Post-Secondary Degree in Commerce, Business or a related field
- Self-motivated individual who is a very strategic thinker
- Ability to perform and read spend analysis
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.