Horizon Recruitment is assisting our public sector client with an immediate requirement for a Senior Procurement Specialist (Construction). As part of the strategic sourcing and procurement group, the Senior Procurement Specialist will work with a team responsible for various tendering efforts on renovations and new builds within the organization. The successful candidate will provide RFx support on a variety of category items including equipment and services on construction projects. We are looking to partner with a relationship builder who is able to operate effectively in a complex organization with multiple influences and stakeholders.
- Manage the tendering process for goods and services (spend range $100K - $1M)
- Ensure procurement is in compliance with public procurement standards and protocol
- Review tenders, score and award appropriately based on evaluation criteria
- Promote and develop contact with suppliers to establish new sources of supply
- Assist executive in establishing vendor management strategies
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of procurement related reports
- Collect and report statistics to measure commodity and/or supplier performance.
- University degree in a relevant discipline. SCMP Designation, Certificate in Purchasing or Diploma in Supply Management considered an asset
- Experience in construction procurement
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Public sector procurement experience is an asset.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain