Horizon Recruitment has been engaged by an impressive CPG brand to identify a high performing Sr. Accountant - Manufacturing. The Sr. Accountant has overall accountability and responsibility to the Plant Controller, for providing financial representation and support of the manufacturing facilities. The Sr. Accountant plays an integral role to the success of the performance of the plant operations team. Supporting plant management team members with insights into costing, variances and assisting in planning are all key components of this role. The successful candidates has a can do attitude and sees opportunities instead of challenges.
The Plant Controller is an accomplish leaders who sits in Montreal and provides onsite support to this Sr. Accountant one week a month through interactive coaching, mentorship and assistance where required. The Sr. Accountant should be at home working in MS Excel with large datasets extracted from a the manufacturing and accounting systems. The ability to communicate clearly, professionally challenge the status quo and offer insights are all important capabilities.
Due to the hands on nature of the business this position does not have the option to work virtually.
- Assist the Plant Controller in determining and prioritizing plant opportunities for operational accounting efforts consistent with Group and local goals and strategies, and initiate self-directed efforts and/or coordinate the efforts of others to successfully capitalize on those opportunities.
- Provide coordination and direction to affect appropriate financial monitoring, reporting, analysis, and plant cost allocation accurately and timely.
- Support plant cost reduction initiatives with relevant analysis as well as tracking tools to highlight progress towards stated objectives.
- Coordinate effective input, output, integration, and coordination of all information systems related to financial monitoring, reporting, and analysis.
- Provide direction and support to the plant and the different department managers wherever appropriate related to plant financial monitoring, measurement, reporting, analysis, projection and budgeting.
- Coordinate plant cost allocation systems that support financial measurement and reporting by channel, including Contribution Margin.
- Assist in the development and implementation of corporate procedures affecting plant financial operations.
- Develop plant cost information to support product and customer rationalization.
- Develop and implement systems as required to collect, manage, and analyze data related to resource consumption and allocation.
- Provide financial leadership to plant and supply chain personnel in the development and use of Key Performance Indicators, and assure consistency between those indicators and resource consumption as reflected in cost allocations.
- Perform ad hoc cost and economic analyses as needed by Group and operating unit functions.
- Provide support to the Operations Managers and their staff as a strong member of the operations management team.
- At least five years of experience in accounting, preferably cost accounting experience, budgeting, analysis, accounts payable, payroll, and general accounting, preferably in continuous or repetitive batch process environments.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA
- Record of effective self-direction.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including data integration in multi-platform environments. Must be very competent in Excel, and have a working knowledge of Access.
- Exceptional analytical skills and proven ability to apply them in complex, multidisciplinary problem-solving situations.
- Strong desire for discovery, mentoring, and leadership.
- Ability to translate complex applications issues into manageable solutions.
- Project a positive attitude to others, and resolve conflicts within appropriate channels.
- Self-motivated to do best and improve. A quick study.
- Experience in business process analysis and/or operations research a plus.