Horizon Recruitment Inc is representing a leading brand in the retail and hospitality space with a unique model. This organization is experiencing significant growth and increased complexity in their business. We are recruiting for a Sr. Accountant who will work with the Controller to drive accounting and financial reporting improvements. The Sr. Accountant will partner with experienced operations team do implement creative solutions in their reporting processes
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial processes, effective internal controls, broad accounting functions, preparing financial results, as well as special projects. The Accountant will be engaged on financial initiatives to support new and ongoing commercial opportunities as our client continues to grow. This is an interim position for 12 month, potentially longer based on business needs.
The entire interview and onboarding process will be remote however there is the expectation that some in office work will take place in the later part of 2021.
- Lead the development of new financial processes, policies and procedures
- Costing and analysis - new initiative, products and services
- Evaluating unearned revenue and recommending solutions to increase reporting accuracy
- Processing monthly transactions including revenues, banking fees, and accruals.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure accounting activities are in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Prepare account reconciliations, including affiliate confirmations to support disclosure and compliance requirements.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results.
- Preparation of working papers and audit packages, including liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Support preparation of the monthly forecasts and Annual Business Plan.
- Support preparation and gathering of documents required for internal or external audits.
- Special projects as required and assigned.
- CPA Required
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant professional experience.
- Ability to gather operational information and extrapolate financial insights from non-financial colleagues in order to improve financial reporting and analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to engage with internal and external customers.
- Experience in Oracle Financial and/or exposure to Shopify data is considered an asset,
- Proven track record of high performance and career progression.
- Comfortable working with job duties that morph and include “other duties as assigned”.
- High energy team members who want to be a part of a sales oriented, retail organization.
- Believes that an ideal work environment is collaborative and encourages everyone to bring their best ideas forward.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business/Accounting/Finance.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.