Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Senior Category Consultant- Engineering Services for one of our high profile energy clients in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement, this role will be responsible for a complex portfolio of materials and services. The successful candidate will oversee and manage all aspects of the supply chain. This includes developing sourcing strategies and contracts required to implement a category strategy. You will also lead a complex sourcing process and operationalize contracts with the responsible business unit contract managers.
- Audit and address all potential risks withing the Supply Chain
- Qualify sources of supply
- Communicates, monitors, and manages compliance with sourcing strategy and/or business process.
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring goods at a medium to high risk
- Seek to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes
- Negotiate with various vendors
- Facilitate projects with cross functional sourcing aspects
- Develop relationships with suppliers and engineering companies to increase efficiency, compliance and scheduling
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in a team based environment and influence positive business outcomes.
- 5-10 years experience within Category Management
- Oil and gas experience a strong asset
- Post-Secondary Degree in Commerce, Business or a related field
- Self-motivated individual who is a very strategic thinker
- Ability to perform and read spend analysis
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.