Horizon Recruitment is seeking an experienced Sr. Buyer for our client in Abbotsford, BC. Our client requires a skilled procurement professional to assist the organization with its ongoing demand. The Buyer will be purchasing a range of specialized products and will also be maintaining vendor relationships.
- Procure products for use in the regular operations
- Assist in troubleshooting any irregular situations or problems with immediate manager as they arise.
- Initiate and participate in the development of procurement strategies responsive to requirements and to maintain capable and competitive sources of supply.
- Examine possibilities for cost savings through alternate sourcing.
- Gather information for the preparation or review of tendering documents as required.
- At least 5 years of procurement experience.
- Experience procuring electronics in an industrial setting is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in data management
- Requires knowledge of business computer applications, and communications.
- Requires a good knowledge of English, both oral and written, to facilitate negotiations and to maintain an effective relationships with suppliers.
- Requires purchasing experience and ability to identify regulatory and safety-related items, schedule and monitor procurement transactions, expedite and provide status information on deliveries, and organize and chair meetings.
- Requires experience utilizing computer software applications, databases, spreadsheets, reports, and an electronic workstation
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.